Today we stand as one of the leading independent transport planning specialists in the UK, with offices in Birmingham, Reading and London. Our growing reputation led to us being shortlisted for Specialist Consultant of the Year in the New Civil Engineer (NCC)/Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) awards for 2014, whilst our Managing Director Phil Jones has recently been awarded the title of European CEO of the Year in the Small Firm category by the ACE.
We work on a wide range of transport related projects and this includes a number of high profile commissions such as providing advice on a new settlement for 4,500 homes in Cheltenham, being part of team delivering the first of Transport for London’s £120m Quietways cycle network in London, providing specialist advice for leading regeneration specialist St Modwen in relation to the regeneration of the MG Rover Plant in Birmingham, developing a shared space scheme for the Winter Gardens in Bournemouth, and playing a key role in the development of the HS2 cycleway scheme on behalf of the Department for Transport.
Our aim is to provide a supportive, friendly and relaxed environment for Graduates where innovation and personal development are encouraged. We will drive your career forward and help you to achieve your potential by offering you the opportunity to be involved in a number of different activities:
- Development Planning: preparing reports to support planning applications submissions such as Transport Assessments and Travel Plans.
- Traffic Engineering: preparing preliminary junction designs and safety schemes.
- GIS Modelling: undertaking analysis and preparing maps and diagrams using online GIS software.
- Junction Modelling: using specialist software packages such VISSIM, PARAMICS, LINSIG and Junctions 8 to understand the future capacity of the highway network.
- Cycling: designing and advising on the implementation of cycle infrastructure.
- Public Transport: developing public transport strategies to improve existing provision and support future development schemes.
We welcome your application if you have graduated within the last 12 months, or are due to graduate in 2015, with a predicted 2.1 (or above) Bachelor’s degree and or Master’s degree in one of the following subjects: Transport Planning, Geography, Engineering, Urban Planning, Economics, Maths, or a Property/Built environment related discipline. It would be desirable to see an interest in transport and highways demonstrated through the modules you have taken and/or work experience, however this is not essential.
Rewards and Benefits
As a member of our Graduate Development Programme you can expect:
- The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm.
- The appointment of a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for your well-being and development.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging projects.
- We will also provide you with the support towards professional qualifications.
As well as the satisfaction of rewarding work we also offer a benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Welcome Bonus
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Care
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payment of Professional Subscription
- Private Pension Scheme
How to Apply
The closing date for Graduate applications is 28th February 2015. We will be shortlisting candidates early in March and will be holding an assessment day in late March/early April.
If you would like to be considered for one of our roles then please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via prospects.ac.uk
To find out more about what we do and who we are please visit our website.