We are recruiting!
Based in our Birmingham head office, we are looking for an experienced AutoCAD Engineer/Technician with a proven track record in the production of accurate and high quality engineering based AutoCAD drawings.read more...
- To produce Highway and Transportation drawings with attention to detail, which will form an essential part of reports, planning applications, legal agreements, etc
- To produce other project related graphics using specialist software
- To apply and adhere to the company CAD standards for consistency.
- Must be flexible and adaptable regarding CAD task programmes with respect to both client & project requirements.
Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience as a Highway / Transportation CAD Technician working within a Transport Planning environment, either gained from a consultancy or local authority
- Proficiency in AutoCAD with related experience and knowledge of using blocks, external references, raster images, topographic surveys, ordnance survey digital maps, etc
- Proficiency in using third party software for road markings, traffic signs design and vehicle swept path simulation.
- Confidence in complying with all relevant CAD standards.
- Experience of producing high quality output from CAD systems for use in discussions, contract documents and reports in a Highway / Transportation environment.
- Ability and desire to work on a diverse range of projects, combining good organisational skills with effective prioritisation and management of tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate well with senior and junior staff alike and within the client environment about project objectives and details.
- Able to make reference to various design guides as DMRB, MfS, TSRGD 2002, Traffic Signs Manual Chapters 3, 4, 5, etc.
- Motivation to work effectively as a fully participating member of a busy team within the business.
Essential software ability
- Experience of using AutoCAD software
- Experience of using KeyLine software
- Experience of using KeySign software
- Experience of using AutoTrack software
Desirable software ability
- Experience/ knowledge of 3D design packages such as Autodesk Civil 3D, MX, etc
- Experience/ knowledge of graphic packages such as In-Design, Photoshop, Sketch-up, etc
Please submit a full CV and covering letter by email.